Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Mr. President

As an entrepreneur and manager of a small business - like the small businesses that comprise some 99% of our nations employer businesses - I am concerned, first and foremost, with the bottom line financial implications of the decisions I am confronted with.

When salesmen contact me with products and services, the first question I generally ask is what is my ROI. Now, I'm sure you have some good explanation for your endorsement of the solar panels in Denver that wouldn't pay for themselves for 110 years, even though their estimated usage life is only 25 years (article here). That, however, is a very small issue compared to what you are proposing for our failed auto industry.

So Mr. President, I just have one question for you - what is our return on investment with these latest bailouts? Is there one? As far as I can tell, this just seems to be a donation for the sake of being able to say that we make cars in America. If my company fails, can I request bailout funds? If we fail there won't be any manufacturers of electric skateboards in America. That would be an absolute travesty to me and my 6 employees.


Sincerely,

Really pissed off about paying taxes to support crappy cars made by companies who allowed their executives run them into the ground.




-T

No comments:

Post a Comment